YOUR WEIGHT DOESN’T MATTER TO ME.
Your weight doesn’t matter to me. I got ask several times is training clients this a weight loss challenge. No, this is a fitness challenge with yourself. How you look in a swimming suit doesn’t matter to me. Neither does what size jeans you fit in, the number you see on the scale or if you ate an entire pint of ice cream on your own the night before (I would probably ask what flavor and if it was delicious).
This is what I DO care about:
- Do you love yourself?
- Are you happy, to the point it bubbles up and everyone around you can see the energy you put out?
- Can you get up off the floor safely and on your own?
- Can you lift your baby out of the crib, pull laundry out of the washer and carry groceries up the stairs without pain?
- Are you friends or enemies with your body?
- What words are on repeat in your mind when you talk to yourself?
- Do you have enough energy to do the things you want to do during the day?
- Do you feel empowered in body, mind, heart and spirit?
THIS is what I am actually working on when I see my clients. The real stuff, the juicy stuff, the life-altering change the world stuff. My “office” happens to be an exercise mat and my tools are Pilates equipment and props, but the work we are doing is real and important.
And if you happen to have a goal of weight loss, I’ll happily discuss that with you and support you as best I can. But know that it is NOT my main goal for you.
Your weight does NOT define your value or your worth or your strength or your health or your roll in this world.
YOU decide that for yourself.