My favorite roasted carrots! With some amazing options!
- 2 pounds carrots
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Want the spiced version, (my favorite way) you’ll also need:
- ½ to 1 ½ teaspoons chili powder (use less for more mild carrots, or the full amount for spicy carrots)
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
For the honey butter version, you’ll also need:
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- To prepare your carrots, peel them and then cut them on the diagonal so each piece is about ½″ thick at the widest part. You can use baby carrots to save time!
- Place the carrots on the baking sheet. Add the olive oil and salt.
- Toss until the carrots are lightly coated in oil and seasonings. Arrange them in a single layer. Roast the carrots until they’re caramelized on the edges and easily pierced through by a fork, 25 to 40 minutes, tossing halfway.