Welcome back to another episode of our foodie Friday post! For today’s agenda, we will be sharing with you a delicious recipe that covers layers of chai spiced grain-free granola along with roasted cinnamon, sweet potatoes, almond butter, roasted pear, seeds and of course, pomegranates! After making this, you will surely fall in love with this dish.
As mentioned, this type of parfait contains several layers with a variety of ingredients that require to be prepped at altered schedules. Adding sweet potatoes creates an appealing taste to the whole recipe. You can even add more sweet toppings based on your choice if you want. The trick here is to be passionate about your selections.
The great thing about this recipe is you can consider this as your go-to comfort food especially if you have hectic schedules but you still want to enjoy a pleasant dish that keeps you healthy. So without further or do, here is the recipe that we want you to try out for yourself!
Makes 4 cups/1 L of granola, and 4 servings of coconut chia pudding // Vegan, Paleo, Refined Sugar-Free, No Sugar Added, Gluten Free, Dairy Free
- Chia pudding
- 1 can (14oz or 400ml) light or full fat coconut milk
- 1/4 cup + 1 Tbs (63g) chia seeds
- 1/2 (2.5ml) tsp vanilla
- 1 Tbs (15ml) maple syrup (optional!)
- 1 small-medium sweet potato (about 1/2 a pound) – peeled (optional)
- 1/2 Tbs (7.5ml) avocado oil, or favourite cooking oil
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of salt
Other optional toppings:
- Roasted or fresh pear slice
- Almond butter
- Pumpkin seeds
- Pomegranate seeds
- Coconut chia pudding: Prepare the pudding the night before you want to eat it. In a small-medium glass bowl, whisk together coconut milk, chia seeds, vanilla, and maple syrup if using. Cover and put in fridge overnight or for at least 3 hours. Stir before use.
- Potatoes: Preheat oven to 400F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Chop potato into 1-inch cubes and spread out on tray. Drizzle with oil and toss to coat. Sprinkle with cinnamon and a pinch of salt. Place on centre rack of oven and cook for 30-40min or until tender. You can toss half way through.
- Granola: Preheat oven to 300°F / 150°C. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper for easy clean up!
- Chop almonds/pumpkin seeds with a sharp knife or add them to your food processor and pulse to roughly chop. Add sunflower seeds and pulse to chop, until all nuts and seeds are about the same size.
- Pour the chopped nuts and seeds into a large mixing bowl. Add the coconut, chia seeds, cinnamon, ginger, cardamom, pepper, & salt. Pour in the melted coconut oil, coconut butter, vanilla extract, and maple syrup (if using). Mix well to coat. Spread the mixture out evenly onto the lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 30 minutes, stirring a couple times at the 15-minute mark. The granola is ready when it is golden and fragrant. It will crisp up even more as it cools outside the oven.
- Once granola is fully cooled store in an airtight glass container at room temperature for up to one month.
- Putting the parfait together: Make sure to stir chia pudding. Scoop granola into the bottom of glasses, top with sweet potato cubes, stirred coconut chia pudding, and other optional toppings like almond butter, pear slices, pumpkin seeds and pomegranete seeds.
Recipe from: https://www.foodyfirst.com/blog2/chai-spiced-chia-pudding-parfait