Here’s another treat for our Friday Foodie’s special today. Indulge yourself with this easy, delicious, and satisfying stew where vegan and meat-eaters will both enjoy. You also have the option to add protein foods such as chicken or tofu if those are your preferences. Enjoy the compelling relationship of each taste and savor the harmony that goes with devouring such a wholesome and healthful dish.
We all deserve to conquer our Fridays with nutritious meals that our body needs so without further or do, below are the ingredients that will make your Friday meals more special!
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 3 tomatoes, finely chopped (ripe)
- 1 medium head cauliflower, stemmed and cut into bite-size florets
- 1 jalapeno, stemmed, seeded, chopped
- 1 cup kale, chopped
- 2 teaspoons ginger paste
- 1 tablespoon cumin powder
- 1 tablespoon coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 (15 ounce) can coconut milk, unsweetened (full fat)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- In a medium stock pot, heat the coconut oil for 30 seconds on medium heat.
- Add the cumin seeds and stir until they start to sputter. Then add the onions and cook for another minute, and then add the tomatoes, stir and cook for a few more minutes until the tomatoes soften.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and stir together. Cover the pan and simmer for about 15 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes to keep from burning.
- Ladle the soup into 4 serving bowls and enjoy! Leftover stew can be stored in air-tight container and saved for lunch the next day.
Recipe from: https://besthealthandwholeness.com/2017/11/07/cauliflower-coconut-oil-ginger-and-turmeric-stew/